Undergraduate Degree: BS
Undergraduate Degree Year: 2013
Undergraduate Institution: University of Pittsburgh
Undergraduate Major: Neuroscience
Year in Program: MS4
Graduate Program: Neurological Surgery
Research Advisor First Name: R. Mark
Research Advisor Last Name: Richardson
Research Title/Research Topic: Electrical Stimulation in the Epileptic Brain
Current Research Description: This project explores electrical stimulation paradigms in an animal model of epilepsy to identify and optimize therapeutic stimulation for the prevention and termination of seizures.
Undergraduate Honors: Full-tuition Honors Scholarship, University of Pittsburgh; graduated Summa Cum Laude Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental Disorders Fellowship 2011 & 2012 Center for Neuroscience at the University of Pittsburgh Fellowship 2012 Spring Brackenridge Research Fellowship 2013
Student Committee Participation
Student Committee Involvement:
Grant Support Information:
1. Kondylis ED*, Wozny TA*, Lipski WJ, Popescu A, DeStefino VJ, Esmaeili B, Raghu VK, Bagic A, Richardson RM. (2014). Detection of high-frequency oscillations by hybrid depth electrodes in standard clinical intracranial EEG recordings. Front. Neurol. 5:149. PMID: 25147541
2. Cho RY, Walker CP, Polizzotto NR, Wozny TA, Fissell C, Chen CMA, Lewis DA. (2013). Development of Sensory Gamma Oscillations and Cross-Frequency Coupling from Childhood to Early Adulthood. Cerebral Cortex. PMID: 24334917
1. Kondylis ED, Lipski W, Wozny TA, Randazzo MJ, Alhourani A, Richardson RM. (2015). Encoding of Motivation to Action in the Human Frontal Lobe. 83rd American Association of Neurological Surgeons Meeting.
2. Efstathios Kondylis, Michael J Randazzo, Thomas A Wozny, Ahmad Alhourani, Witold J Lipski, Katie C Martin, Robert Mark Richardson. (2015). A Novel Tool for Localizing Cortical Electrodes During DBS Surgery. Congress of Neurological Surgeons.
3. Ahmad Alhourani, Sudhir K. Pathak, Michael J Randazzo, Thomas Wozny, Efstathios Kondylis, Shawn Walls, Michael Ward, Stephen Foldes, Donald Krieger, David O. Okonkwo, R. Mark Richardson, Ajay Niranjan. (2015). MEG Identification of Reduced Functional Connectivity Following Concussion. Congress of Neurological Surgeons.
4. Walker CP, Ngamassi L, Wozny TA, Polizzotto NR, Cho RY. (2013). Within-session Time Course of Strategic Adaptations in Cognitive Control. 20th Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Neuroscience Society.
5. Cho RY, Walker CP, Polizzotto NR, Fissell C, Wozny TA, Chen CMA. (2012). Developmental Trajectory of Sensory Cortical Gamma Synchrony Using Steady-State Auditory Evoked Potentials. Annual Meeting of American College of Neuropsychopharmacology.
Wozny, T.A., Walker, C.P., Polizzotto, N.R., Cho, R.Y. (2011). "Source Analyses of Sensory Gamma Oscillations Over Development Using Steady State.” Conte Center Summer Fellowship Presentation.
Wozny, T.A., Walker, C.P., Polizzotto, N.R., Fissell, C., Chen, C., Cho, R.Y. (2012). "Neurophysiologic Activity: An Oscillatory Hierarchy.” CNUP Summer Fellowship Presentation & Conte Center Summer Fellowship Presentation.
Wozny, T.A., Walker, C.P., Polizzotto, N.R., Fissell, C., Chen, C., Cho, R.Y. (2013). "Investigating Coupled Oscillations in the Auditory Cortex – Verification of a Methodologic Approach." Spring Brackenridge Fellowship Presentation.